Saturday, September 3, 2022

The Sept long weekend

 Hello,

How did we get here so quickly. I remember in the Winter wishing so hard for the Spring and Summer to come, and now it is disappearing again with only visions of another Winter ahead! Maybe that is a bit too depressing for an up beat blog post like ours, so I better reverse my stance and focus on the 'today" haha!

Yesterday I got the car serviced and also arranged for four new winter tires with the Parts Manager. He suggested I go in a different direction in that I did not need to get rims with them as the service dept suggested, because then I would need the sensor to be added and that added more money ( at least over $100 each) and that I only keep the car for three years maximum anyway ( on our lease plan) And also to wait until October when the deals come in...the tire distributors add an extra $50 rebate on each tire. So I am confident now in what is to come next.  There was a rattle at the back of the car diagnosed as a muffler issue, so a new muffler has been ordered and can be installed the same time as new tires. All under warranty so i left the Dealership with a bill that stated $0.00, Not bad...and i also sat and waited for the work to be done, and was able to finish the book I was reading. So all in all... a bonus morning 😇

The garden is in need of lots of care right now and I am hopeful that I can get at it . The neighbour will leave for Holland tomorrow and then I can get right into working without worry of him being there. I need to empty the 5 water barrels and to do that i carry buckets of water to the back along out common fence and dump it there and I sure could not do that when he is working in his yard. He has attached a rope to a tree from his yard to one tree in our yard along the fence ( with our permission) and hangs his laundry there. And I sure could not get close to that. I was watering yesterday and thought I could easily spray his sheets but the devil in me resisted. haha!

Well time to sign off as the house is waking up. Have a nice weekend and here's to a lovely Fall season for us all. Take care and be safe...💖



No comments:

Post a Comment