Sunday, September 4, 2022

Wasted day?

 I seemed busy until late afternoon but I feel like I accomplished nothing. I didn’t even walk Lucky this morning! I made some tomato sauce today. The recipe called for 2 tbsp chopped carrot, 2 tbsp of chopped pepper yada yada yada.  I put in a full carrot, pepper, celery and onion; a variety of spices and extra tomato. I used my immersion blender after it was cooked to make it smooth ( I forgot I had the blender!  It was a 20 year gift at work and I never opened it. It has a blender, whisk, chopper and mixing cup). I also emptied my pool☹️ And cleaned it out. Jim was sick today and couldn’t help me fold it so it will have to lie abandoned in the yard until he is better.  I unsuccessfully watered the garden. I had moved the sprinkler stand since most of the garden is empty now. I guess I didn’t have it pounded into the ground enough cause when I went to turn off the water it had fallen over and I had one very waterlogged circle of mud and some dry tomatoes!  The tomatoes are very slow ripening this year.  I noticed that last year at this time I was so sick of processing tomatoes that I put a couple of bags of whole tomatoes in the freezer!  We’ve got more hot days ahead so I try to get everything done in the morning before it gets too hot.  Unfortunately processing garden produce tends to heat up the house.  Just another excuse to sit outside in the shade and read in the afternoon😜  


No comments:

Post a Comment