Sunday, September 11, 2022

Wass'up Doc?

 Not much.  Haven't been in the studio, to work, since Tuesday--or was it Wednesday?  Can't remember so I guess it wasn't particularly memorable.  Thursday I was just useless and spent half the day in bed.  Felt a little better on Friday, so did the wash after going grocery shopping.  (Fool that I am) Then was useless for the rest of the day and spent time in a fog sitting in the kitchen.  At some time over the past week I bought a shirt and two bras.  Then I sorted through my bras, and tucked several away as they are just too small these days.  I love the feel and fit of the top I bought so yesterday went back to see if they had more in different colours.  David was with me, and helped me decide to buy a couple more bras, to replace the ones put away.  I bought one in dark blue (love it), as well as a print one in a dusty pink background with small yellow, blue and green sprays of flowers on it.  They did have three more designs of the top and I bought two of them, but left the third behind as it was a dark grey black with all sorts of small paisley designs all over it.  David said that design screamed out "old Gramma".  But the other two pleased me in different ways.  The pink one has a bit of 'shock value", and I don't see myself wearing that one anywhere special, but the dark teal one might work for more special occasions--such as leaving the house for just about anything.


Thursday evening, when I was sort of out of it, and hadn't gone to the show opening reception out in Selkirk, I received an e-mail telling me that my piece in the current show had sold.  We have since figured out that the money I get for the sale, is just about equal to the amount I've spent on clothing over the past couple of weeks. Serendipity, but works for me.

Tonight we cook a chicken for supper.  I just about had heart failure when I looked at the package and saw the price, but then remembered that we had bought them, "buy one, get one free".    Beef has been an occasional treat for us, for years.  We have bought cheaper cuts, mainly steak, a couple of times over the summer, and been very disappointed.  We had what looked like a decent (paid an outrageous price) steak on Friday, expecting that there would be leftovers, and there were.  It was almost impossible to eat, even after several hours of being marinated.  So yesterday I cut up the remains, and put them in the small slow cooker for several hours, with a gravy mix.  Not too bad!  So if we ever buy beef again, I'll know what to do with it.

My plan for today is to head for Starbucks, after I finish this post.  I just have to buy something, doesn't matter what, to complete a challenge which will get me a few stars.  Then--if the stars align, spend the afternoon in the studio, while David roasts the chicken for supper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment