Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A bit of "this and that"

Bathroom procedures - I am finding it increasingly more difficult to "hover" while using a public bathroom. I am finding I more than often say to myself "what will it matter if you actually squat on the seat?" Anyone relate to this?
Zumba - I have been tempted to look into taking Zumba as I think it would be fun, and enjoyable as well as giving one some exercise. I like to dance but maybe not infront of people. So tonight as I walked the dog by the community bulletin board the words ZUMBA jumped out at me and sure enough there was an announcement that classes were starting at the arena in South River every Tuesday night. Now, it also said $12.00 for one hour and all of a sudden my enthusiasm was waning! I'll never take Zumba but it has always been a thought hidden in the back of my mind.
New store in the Mall North Bay - The second Mall in North Bay has been going through a rebuilding over the past about ten years - at one time it was thriving but then saw a decline in stores closing and empty hallways. But as we shop at the No Frills store that just opened there about three years ago, we frequent the halls and often have lunch at the one and only food court booth still in business - that being the A&W. We have also seen many new stores opening up including Suzy Sheer, Winners, Hart, and now after being behind wooden walls for awhile, a new store called Stitches just opened - it is huge and actually called a warehouse store so possibly a bit different than the Stitches store in the other Mall. I'll go in to see sometime but it looks like younger womens and mens styles of clothing and boots/accessories and maybe not like my usual purchases as at the Rebuilt Resources or Value Village haha
Duvets - I found that having only one cover for each duvet, means a quick wash and make of the bed when it is change time. Not the end of the world I know, but sometimes with my schedule can be a bit ackward. So today we went into the Zellers store in North  Bay. There have been advertising of discounts in the paper because the Zellers as we know it is closing and being taken over by an American company - Target. So to the bins we went and started to plow through linens and other sorts of sales until a bin jumped out at us containing duvet covers. I was looking for the right size and the right price before buying and then looking at the pattern of fabric as I like the cover to be appealing at least. Finally my patience paid off and purchased two covers at a price that was remarkable and certainly not the regular price as marked on the box saying $159.99. Then I came home and washed them separately as quoted on the label. I must have been really spaced out by the time the second load was put in as I poured liguid softener into the tub instead of laundry liguid. Well, so as not to be beaten, I also put the laundry liguid in too. Then into the dryer and the duvet cover bunched up and consumed the small towels and facecloths that I had in with it until I had one great big ball of wettish fabric. So as I said to myself,"this is going to be a problem" I carefully separated it all, and now have the towels drying before I shall put the cover in by itself! But the fabric is a gorgeous pattern and I can hardly wait to have the duvet over me in bed with the nice new cover.
So that is my story for today. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment