Monday, October 29, 2012

Storm watching

but so far, so good. Very windy with rainy snow right now, but no torrential rains and if luck holds out, we should not see too much of the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy either. Glad to get the update on the Poker Tournament and congrats Dave on a good showing - more power to you to be in such a grand tournament. It would shake me up so sure, but then I really don't have any experience in playing as well as you both can. I can't even seem to buy lottery tickets worth a d---
Last few days I have purposefully spent some time in my studio ( haha what "studio") going through books and projects and just generally fooling around doing nothing and it has been the best time I've spent in a long time. I picked up some needles and wool and started a winter hat - found the pattern in my travels over last few days, and have wanted to try it for years. It, too, may end up just sitting in the basket undone, but it is the actual starting of things that is so inspiring after so long being idle. I found stuff that I did not even remember having and I wanted to jump right away into doing things - but realize maybe tiny steps at first would be prudent. I got out my book on Crazy Quilts and found the embroidery cotton I had and visualized all sorts of wonderful great finishes. Ain't it grand to dream!! Anyway, hope all is well your way - I hear about the snow in Winnipeg on the radio and hope it will not come here too soon, even though I have all the shovels neatly lined up at the front of the house ready for the onslaught. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment