Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Another example of nature at its best

I am having some wonderful adventures with nature whether its sunrises, or sunsets, or rain and wind but this evening I experienced a truly magnificent sight. The sky was overcast and a bit rainy but with dark clouds in the east and sunny conditions in the west. Most unusual skyscape for sure! I walked the dog down to the lake with umbrella up to protect me from a snow like rain. The rain stopped and the west sun came out bright and strong so I immediatley turned around in circles looking for the rainbow that should be in the sky - for a moment there was nothing and suddenly it lit up from horizon to horizon and as brilliant as could be. I was not disappointed and stood in marvel at the sight. Today was a wash out for yard work which meant I could work inside for a change. I have been wanting to get into my cloths cupboard and clear out some of the apparell that was taking up precious room. Much is unworn mainly because I don't go to work anymore and my wardrobe now tends to be old shirts and jeans for yard work. Many of the outfits were also a bit too big as I have lost some weight over the last year. I ended up with four big bags of discards that shall be taken to the Resource Centre next trip to North Bay. To start the day I put a roast with vegetables into the slow cooker and all day could smell it cooking and could hardly wait for supper. What a great idea to use the slow cooker - no fuss and its all ready when you are! But now I am ready for bed - can't seem to sleep too well and tend to lay there looking at the clock. I even tried not listening to the radio as heard that it may be overstimulating at night. So I have been just laying there thinking - and thinking too hard is never a good idea! But I have a lottery ticket for tonight so I shall imagine winning and how I shall split it up $$$$$ yippee - more dreams eh? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment