Sunday, October 14, 2012

Quiet, indeed?

Waiting for the next cell of a severe storm to hit sometime this afternoon promising about 60 mm of water or mix precipitation, and high winds. The first cell came through last evening with me pumping water until about midnight. Now a reprieve until the second part comes. But while up I watched the movie and special CD of the production of The Davinci Code which I had not seen, nor read the book before. The theme certainly fits with my current reading so was pleased that I was able to relate and therefore really enjoy. However, it also seems that I should watch it again to pick up on things I missed the first time. Yesterday before the storm came through, I raked up about five big bags of leaves from driveway and sides and this morning it is covered again from the rain and winds of last night. Makes you feel as if your attempts were more or less useless? But I did fill orange coloured bags so they will be used for Hallowe'en - I try to block off the sidewalks around the house so kids don't try to take a shortcut. Our candy bags are all ready to go, and the best part ( or worst part!) is that there were many little chocolate bars left over and I have been enjoying stuffing them into my mouth. Coffee Crisp and KitKat - my favourites. They are small afterall, and therefore you need at least three or four at a time to satisfy the current desire. Right? Well, Harry has just decided to pick apples from the trees outside before the storm comes, and make juice so I better go and find the juicer and get ready for another exciting day! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment