Wednesday, October 31, 2012

And that's a wrap for another year

..Hallowe'en that is... I just closed down and it's only 8 pm and only 27 customers tonight. Raining outside so probably that may be a factor for a very slow and boring evening. Harry had the karaoke machine ready and provided sound effects for awhile but he too got bored and went to bed. I just brought in the decorations because they were getting really wet - I spent some time this afternoon putting up the decorations and it was quite nice out at the time, but then the rain started to fall. So a few hours dressed in costume with wig and mask on, and a bottle of sherry downed with great glee, and I'm now ready for bed. Maybe the best part is that there are lots of bags of little chocolate bars left - maybe not so nice afterall as I am sure I shall eat them all up !! So I guess I shall put away all the Hallowe'en boxes and soon get ready to bring up the Christmas boxes. Isn't it funny how we live by the seasons and celebrations. Aunt Evelyn has invited us to her church Bazaar and Tea on Nov 10 so we shall pick her up and attend. We were supposed to go last year at her invitation but then everyone died - both Mother and her husband Uncle Walter - so our attendance was cancelled . It is hard to believe it has been a year already since all that occurred.  And by chance, another Aunt in the family just passed away yesterday Oct 30 so there are many family celebrations and remembrances for this family in the month of October. Well, bed time - I have started reading a Brad Thor novel Patty that I picked up at Canex in North Bay last week as you had mentioend his name once and I thought I'd give it a try - interesting so far but I've just started it. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment