Saturday, October 27, 2012

State of emergency up in Wawa

Highway #17 washed out in several spots and many people without access. This is the storm that is pending for here - they had over 100 mm of rain, and if that happens here my pump won't be of any use haha We cleaned out the eaves yesterday both for winter and this storm. Lots of leaves trapped so also trimmed down some of the branches hanging in the way. Then Harry got on Kijiji and offered to buy some coins so we had to make a trip to North Bay for 7:30 pm to pick up. It made for a long tiring trip as I do most of driving and I find night driving getting worse and worse for me with visibility. I took the dog out early this morning and scared two beautiful white tailed deer in our front yard - maybe eating bird feed or apples on the ground but nevertheless gorgeous animals. I have seen the pair on other walks in other yards but so nice to see them close. Unfortunately we scared them off down the street. I am mixed in my emotions about animals, as Mike is going hunting next week and terribly excited - he has taken all the courses and was fortunate to hook up with a hunting group that had a space for one more - I guess that is a concern if you want to hunt you need to be part of a group in order to have a chance at a "tag". I wish him well, but also wish the animals well. Today I have to totally clean the turtle tank. Long job and very hard. Harry plans to go to garage sales and then to Sprucedale.He will be taking a plant back to the people that live across from where his mother lived  - about four or five years ago the woman had to move down to Port Perry to care for her mother and the husband drove back and forth about every two weeks. Now they have sold her Mothers house and all three are now back living full time in Sprucedale. But he was a great help to keep an eye on Harry's mother so we were grateful. But when she left for Port Perry she left several plants for Mother to look after. We now have a beautiful Cactus that is flowering and so Harry will take this one back to her mostly because it is planted in a gorgeous ceramic pot. Just checked my ticket and it appears we shall have to keep on trucking folks - can't share a thing with you - sorry. Have a good weekend, and take care. I'll hope not to have to build an ark if those rains hit us.

No comments:

Post a Comment