Monday, October 1, 2012

Canada Geese

What a wonderful show I saw tonight down at the lake. A flock of geese putting on a display. As I approached the beach area, the geese started to swim off into the lake in single file - like a flotilla taking off at the dock and slowly sailing away! The Admiral at the front was slightly ahead of the others and I could hear him barking orders as they all swam off. I sat on a rock and watched with great excitement as they swam out and around the government dock and then headed into a little bay area to the east of the dock. As they came closer to shore again they started to bunch together until it became just a gathering again. I was amazed how they were able to keep in single file all the way around - disciplined, and practised. It will be sad to see them all fly off one day and be gone for the winter!  I was in the garden all day cleaning up pots and beds, and storing poles, and pots, and covering up roses and other tender perennials with dirt and straw. It was a gorgeous day - warm and sunny and one could not help but enjoy the time outdoors. Now, though, my hands are actually paining me and I can hardly open them fully. It is the garden work that plays havoc with the arthritis in them, and I am sure I shall suffer tonight. The middle to end of the week is promising rain and much cooler temperatures so glad to have a good day today. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment