Monday, October 29, 2012

Isolation

Got up and read the paper this morning.  OMG!  Earthquakes, and hurricanes.  When did this all happen?  Actually I had heard a bit about it on one of my internet groups.  The ladies were talking about how to stitch when there is no power or light.  How do you maximize the effect of a candle?  Put it in front of a mirror!
So we've sort of been watching on CNN to follow the progress of the storm.  In other words we were both sitting in a semi-stupor watching t.v. most of the evening.  Now we are wondering if we haven't both got a bit of the flu.  So it's early to bed for us tonight.

The last couple of months have been a bit tight, so this month we had to re-stock the pantry and freezer.  Over $400.00 in the first grocery store we visited.  But I have to confess that I bought a bit of meat, since all I have in the freezer is poultry.  We only did one store today, then I have to pay some bills and see how many more stores we can visit.  Maybe tomorrow.

For today I am very grateful for the stockpile of toilet paper in the garage.  "Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment