Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rude awakening

for some reason we both slept in this morning, completely forgetting that we had hired someone to come to replace the fan in the basement.  Thank Goodness  I was up, although still in my nightie , and in the bathroom.  I think David was completely out of it.  Heard the doorbell, and haven't moved that fast in quite awhile.  So he is now downstairs "supervising", and I am just keeping out of the way.  I'll be glad to have a good working fan down there.  I can use my respirator when I'm working with dye powder or spray chemicals, but then I have to get out of the area for awhile to let "whatever" dissipate.

For some reason I have the urge to cook.  ( I know, I should sit down and drink tea until the urge goes away)  I was catching up on e-mail and found one of the Kraft e-mails with a recipe for Chicken Parmesan, but such a pitiful recipe!   That caused me to remember how we used to sometimes have it for Sunday supper.  There is no reason I can't cook it for the two of us--except, of course, that I have no mozzarella cheese.  David will be out today to take some receipts to Blue Cross, and can pick some up.  I suggested that he take advantage of my urges whenever they pop up.

The small Japanese bag I was working on was finished on Sunday.  I figure that,  basing my work on minimum wage, that little bag is worth about $600, so I better look after it.   There is no information in the Japanese book on how big these things are finished, and the little bag was smaller than I had anticipated, so I spent some time trying to figure out sizes, and realized that most of them are small. I was going to try another one, but have had another idea working its way through my brain, and I think I'll go with that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment