Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Bracing myself for downpours tonight?

Weather warnings and alerts for lots of rain tonight - sometimes we don't get what is called for but then you never know....hoping for the best.  I think I am being positively influenced by the blog Not Afraid of Colour  Today we went to Huntsville and in the Habitat ReStore they had a table of Hallowe'en decorations . Right in the middle of the pile I spotted a piece of cotton fabric- bright orange, with black spiders and spider webs all over. I grabbed it without thinking..oh no... have I been taken over by the "fun" side ?  No idea what I will do with the piece- probably it will go into my stash to be taken out and fondled once in awhile haha  It was pure indulgence but I feel great. I measured it when I got home - 42" wide and 84" in length. And it cost me $1.00.
We are still at the vegetables and actually making some headway. Going to come close to freezing tomorrow night and over weekend so probably will have to bring in all the tomatoes. It is the apples that are piling up and still so many more to pick. And I still do not have all the houseplants into the house yet!
I have read and reread your power cooking entry Pati and have written down some ideas. I found it and Cathy's entry all so fascinating. I could never be as creative as you both nor as cost effective, but it has made me bring out my slow cooker books again and hopefully I can make something. But you have to have all parties "on board' so in that regard you both are at a definite advantage. Well, I bought a ticket for tonight's lottery draw - so will have some fun dreaming and distributing the money! It is in this way I figure I'm getting my money's worth and if I win , say a free play, then it's a bonus haha  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment