Sunday, September 14, 2014

The mind goes first---

Today I needed a boost, and offered to make a blueberry cobbler for supper.  Turns out that David isn't fond of cobbler, with the biscuit topping.  I suggested blueberry crisp and he countered with chocolate chip cookies.  Got everything out and started and suddenly had a brain fart.  I know that a single batch needed 1 tsp of something, but could not for the life of me remember if it was baking powder or baking soda.  I had to check the recipe.

I have been making those suckers for 60 years, and haven't needed a recipe for most of that.  Just shoot me now!

Why did I need a boost?  I seem to remember a poem that has a line that refers to "night creeping in on little cat feet"  or something like that.  With the cold fall weather, I could feel depression "creeping in on little cat feet", and I'm not going there.  Of course, a good discussion on how to slice a leek, gets the blood stirring, and I guess that should help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment