Monday, September 1, 2014

My Week......

was not the best of weeks, but it is over.  My gout came back, this time in 2 toes.  Does this mean that once a year I have a gout attack and each year it doubles in size?!? Not something to look forward to.  So, I limped through the week.  I was supposed to work meat draw with Kellie (Jim's goddaughter) on Friday, but she never showed up until 6:30.  Jim worked it with me.  She said Tyler needed her for something.  I told Jim not to be mad at her,but to let her know how disappointed he was in her.  I think that hurt her more than any yelling would have.  This weekend was our power cooking weekend.  I didn't get the chicken casseroles done, but I have 4 lasagnes, 24 hamburger patties, 2 meat loafs, 4 large stews, 4 quiches, 81 meatballs, spagetti sauce and 11 garlic logs in the freezer. Jim made the patties and the meat loafs and helped me with the stew.  I want to do a couple of chicken & brocolli casseroles, too, but I am kind of worn out.   Tomorrow, after work, Rrain and I are going to Dennis's to make salsa for him.  Lynne is still in Barbados.  (Since June)  I don't think either of them planned on her being gone this long.  I am going to take my junk recipe too.  It is great for using up tomatoes, peppers, onions etc.  And you can use it in so many dishes.  The trouble with power cooking is that you just don't feel like eating anything and by the end of the day, you haven't had any food.  What sort of things do you make when you power cook, Pati?? I know in the past you have mentioned ribs, and meat in gravy. At work, the powers- that- be have agreed to have our student continue as a casual until Patty returns from Mat leave.  She will be working Tuesdays and Thursdays.  He course is Monday, Wednesday & Friday until November.  She wants to do manicures & pedicures and fancy nail polish designs. She is a really good worker and always jumps in to help where she can.  She has trouble with numbers (Not a good thing when everything we do has a registration or title number) but she knows it, and checks the numbers before she starts and ALWAYS asks if she is unsure.  I am going to take some down time today and maybe sit and read for a while.  My foot is feeling much better, but not 100%  It is still swollen and purple, but I can touch it now.  I know I should have rested more, earlier, but when you have only so much time to get things done, you have to do them.  Oh well.   Today I rest.  Hope your long weekend was (sort of )  relaxing and the week ahead is great

No comments:

Post a Comment