Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Are you folks melting??

Lots of water the last few days but you can really see the snow melting with these milder temperature.  Oh, I wish it will last - slow and steady - so it melts nicely without too many water problems.
Yesterday I removed the tarp and wood panels on top of the big greenhouse - this done in order to let the sunshine in. I guess if it snows more and gets colder, I will just have to sweep/clean/scrap it off the plastic covering the roof glass panels. I went to North Bay today but Harry stayed home and did some shoveling of snow close to the house and cleared it away nicely - onto the driveway but it will melt and flow down to the road this way.  All the while I am scouting out the driveway with the faint hope that I may spot my missing gold earring. There is always the chance that it feel off in the driveway!
 I saw both the boys as I usually do when I go to North Bay, but visited only briefly with Mike and Erin- they are finally having their bathroom renovated. The owner has been in the last week putting new tub, sink, toilet, and dry walling the room. The bathroom was in very bad shape and Mike has been at him for over two years to get it done. Once finished it will be very nice but in meantime they are in chaos. Erin got a call to substitute this afternoon in all places- Sundridge School. So as I entered, she was leaving to drive to Sundridge. As soon as she finished here, she had to drive back to North Bay to do her shift at McDonalds. Thank goodness though that she is getting some teaching jobs. And Mike was on his way to his friends house to have a shower. They are making do with the mess, but I could tell it was getting a bit tense for them. But they are young so should bounce back nicely!!
Well, I just logged in the Food Diary for today, so time for bed and maybe read a bit. I have ordered the fourth The Kidd Novels from the library, and until it arrives I have picked up the fifth volume of Stephen King's The Dark Tower.  The novel is seven volumes and intense reading but I am(surprisingly) enjoying it. Mike got me reading it as I would not normally read Stephen King.
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment