Wednesday, March 4, 2015

It's on the bus Cathy....

That is, boxes of snow just as you requested.  I am so tired of all of this. Another storm yesterday dumped another 15 cm so I was out again this morning shoveling it all away. Except for the boxes I filled to send to you Cathy. Did you want any Pati?
The little greenhouse was heated up on Monday and that night it went down to minus 35 degrees C. There were pots of planted seeds but the inside temperature hovered around freezing point with the heater at full. The little greenhouse has never held the heat as well as the big one.We have purchased two wireless thermometers - one for each greenhouse. A sensor stays in the greenhouse, and we can read the inside temp from the house. Actually we have yet to put the second one in this afternoon as we had to order it from hardware in Burk's falls and it should be in today. But the first one in the little greenhouse works well. How many early mornings was I peering into the frosted windows with a flashlight trying to determine the inside temp?? Having a quick look at temps from the house will make that aspect of this whole affair a bit easier.
For last little while I have been prompted by some unknown source in my head to get out my violin and give it a try. It has been almost four years since I last played and although I love it, I had to give up the lessons - were not productive and became more of a stress than a satisfaction. So yesterday was the day... not great music and I have to start to refresh myself of knowledge of notes and strings in order to read the music again but it felt just fine for a first attempt.  I can bring it out whenever I feel like and play for as long as I can without the pressure of practice etc.
And the hexi quilt is coming along just fine as well. Sewing the little flowers together brings satisfaction (a few at a time) especially when you start to see it coming together.  Cathy, you will be pleased to know that I use one of the little mushroom shaped pin holders and thread holders you gave me that the folks at the Colony made. It works perfect for my needs, and every time I use it, I am thinking of you!
I am still planning for the Anniversary. yesterday at Value Village I was so shocked to see a pair of new winter boots exactly like what I wanted to wear to Winnipeg. I bought a coat at The Thrift Store in North bay when it closed for $1.00 - new also! And I bought a gorgeous scarf to match it at the other Thrift Store in Huntsville for $3.00. Seeing those boots was like another prophecy revealed - don't know how these things are materializing from thought to reality, but I'm not going to complain haha!  Keep looking for those bargains..... Today we are going to Huntsville and then back through Burk's Falls to pick up the thermometer. We were told not to come until after 3 pm when the truck should have come with the order.
So long for now....take care all!

No comments:

Post a Comment