Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pleasant day

Not an exceptional day or exciting day, just mildly pleasant.  Saw the surgeon this morning about my right knee, for what should be the last time ( 5 months post-op) although he said to come back in 3 years for a follow-up.  He told me to get rid of the cane, because I didn't need it.  The Tim's in the hospital; still had contest cups/although we didn't win anything.  Going through the lobby there was a woman selling daffodils, and my DH offered to buy me some.  Oh My! So I now have a vase of daffodils on my table just starting to open.  On our way home we visited the bakery and bought bead and buns and raisin cinnamon bread for my breakfast tomorrow--a rare treat.  Then we had to go and buy deli meat for the buns, and bought enough for about 10 sandwiches, although we only bought two buns.  While doing all this shopping, I found out that I  have been relying on that cane a little more than I had realized.  But once I had rested my leg a little, I managed both up and down the basement stairs, without the cane.

Tomorrow my Fibre Art ladies come over in the evening.  They will meeting the basement, so David has covered the bed with the cat quilt,just for show, and the place has been dusted and vacuumed.  I sure stirred up a lot of dust, which has now settled back down on everything.  Oh Well.

After supper, I managed to get a bit of beading done on my most recent piece, and the next piece is starting to come together in my mind.  Just a pleasant,mellow sort of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment