Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Snow

Yes, please Beth.  A box about the size of a china barrel would be good.  Firmly packed, so I could dump it in the middle of the driveway to the house next door, and maybe they would stop coming in the middle of the night to check their plants, and waking me up.  I've been getting to sleep okay, but once I wake up, I'm up for an hour or more.

I haven't taken a good look through the thrift store in awhile.  We stopped going to one, because their prices appeared so out of line for the goods they were selling.  Another one has supplied more than enough crochet cotton to last me for a couple of years, so I haven't been there in awhile.  I used to checkout their jewelry, as well, but the last few times it appeared very well picked over.

Last evening we went to the cheap Tuesday movies with the gift card We got at Christmas, and saw " The Kingsman".  I had thought it might be a stuffy movie about British spies, and wouldn't have thought of going, except for a review in the paper.  The review mentioned humor and, specifically, humorous references to James Bond.  It really was a bit of a "take off" on all of the 60's spy movies with fancy gadgets, implausible situations, and evil super-villains, all done very "tongue-in-cheek. A lot of violence, but even that was "tongue-in-cheek".  I even saw a couple of scenes that were very reminiscent of "Star Wars".  The background music  had obviously been carefully picked to match the scenes.  A lot of it was 60's rock, but there was classical too.  In one scene, the villain used mind control on a church full of red-neck bible belt fundamentalists, causing a fight to break out, and it was all to a up-tempo version of "Free Bird". which most certainly was NOT in support of mind control.  In another we watched a room full people have their heads explode, one by one, to, what I believe, was the 1812 Overture.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, although there was a lot of violence--and we had been warned about that.  And were else would you find a hero named "Egzy"?

Today was haircuts for both of us, and left over Chinese food for supper.  Not very exciting, but relaxation instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment