Monday, March 9, 2015

Creativity saves the day.....

Yesterday I happened to glance in my "studio" on my way by, and noticed that the big black hard plastic five shelf unit was listing terribly. I had not noticed this before so knew it was a new happening. It was heavily loaded with all my hardcover books, magazines etc for sewing, quilting and needlework. As well as containers full of saved articles, magazine patterns and all sorts of assorted items for my interest and enjoyment. I also had some large containers, and a hand decorated large plant pot that was a gift when I left Home care. I was using it for storage of small fabrics, wool etc. I quickly removed everything from the shelves- carried them all to a table in the front room. i did  not want the shelf to completely fall over. We took the shelf apart and I tied it up and took it to the basement.Today I was trying to come up with a plan as to what to do with all the stuff without a shelf to store it on.  Well, the solution came quite by accident  between Harry and I , and we rectified my dilemma without too much trouble.  Here's the rub......there is an old (not working ) fridge also in the studio. I don't know if I have mentioned this before but long ago when we had to buy a new fridge, harry and Mike could not move the old one to the basement as we planned so, on a whim, moved it into the back room. This was before the hallway became lined with multi shelves covered with all sorts of treasures. So the fridge could never be moved out totally and became a fixture in the room. Solution; Harry took the doors off the fridge, I lined the inside with mactac, and voila.....room to put all my books etc Brilliant, n'est pas? Is that chuckles I can hear from afar?????
Today also was the roof cleaning day. Harry managed to get most of the snow off, and I managed to shovel most of it away. There is still a huge ridge of the damn stuff mostly right on top. The lower edges are cleared and actually with the mild temps today starting to melt. I had to shovel water from the front of the house this afternoon that was accumulating. Does it never end?
Tomorrow we are going to Huntsville - we will go to brother in laws as we have a DVD for him that he won from the radio station and I picked up for him. When we get back,we hope to finish the roof.
Well, that was an exciting bit of my day events to share with you folks - maybe give you a laugh or two? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment