Sunday, March 29, 2015

Warming up again

The Art Fair went better than we could have hoped.  There was a steady stream of people, but not too many at any one time. So the demonstrators were had time to demonstrate and time to answer questions.  I'm told that the guest speaker was very entertaining, very well informed, and well worth having back.  We believe that this is the first time there has been something like this within the Winnipeg Art Community, and already there is talk about the next one.

On the down side, I don't think I have done that much walking in a very long time, and my hips may never forgive me.  I took my tall stool and sat at the door as a greeter, but then served as a "go-fer" for a fair bit.  While everyone was in listening to the speaker, Dave and I sat in the hall, and ate lunch ( he brought me a lovely quinoa and mandarin salad.), acting as security.  It was also nice to see a lady, whose husband is severely and chronically ill at home, come out for the afternoon.  She managed to get some respite help, and came to act as one of our displayers.

In many ways I'm glad it's over, but now I still have to do paperwork.  I sent some pictures to the webmaster, for the group.  I sent a small write-up and pictures to the newsletter editor.  I have to write a final report on the purpose and activities of the small committee that morphed into the Art Fair committee.  I have sent out an evaluation sheet to all of the committee members, rather than having a face-to-face meeting, and we'll see how that works.

But on the home front that crazy old lady just has to go.  Today she tried to cook oatmeal for breakfast.  Carefully measured the dry oatmeal into the pot, carefully measured out the first cup of water-- and then dumped it into the bin of oatmeal.  Memo to self--don't try to cook until you are awake.  Trying to sort out wet and dry oatmeal made me think of clumping cat litter.

Today is my Artists' Trading Card group, over lunch, always a pleasant time.

No comments:

Post a Comment