Friday, March 20, 2015

Food

The group that came over has a rule about food.  We only serve water.  The ladies only stay for about 1 1/2 -2 hours and no-one is in danger of starving to death in that time.  I have belonged to groups that became entirely about the food, rather than the original purpose.  I know of one quilting group that ended up going to other houses for a massive luncheon, and stopped talking about quilting!  Having said that, I love going to my friend Maureen's for Tuesday stitchers, as she often/usually serves tarts made with ground rice. Sounds weird, but--oh my!--they are good!  She tells us that she can only find ground rice in England, and grinding it up in the blender does not work for the tarts, so these really are a special treat.  Knowing what she has to go through to make them for us (her pastry is also to die for), I only allow myself one, but I've told her how much I like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment