Friday, March 13, 2015

What a difference a day makes.....

Back to colder temps today - some snow overnight, and today and tomorrow more snow with ice pellets, and freezing rain. Wonderful!  I go out early when I get up to walk the dog around the yard, check greenhouses and generally get a feel for the day. At the back of the house, with the layer of light overnight snow, I slipped on glare ice under the snow and fell. Fortunately, I was able to catch myself somewhat - the flashlight went flying, and then I collected myself, gradually got myself up, and into the house for my first morning coffee!  Close call...
Thinking about you Pati and Dave and your unfortunate situation, but good that it has been checked and will be rectified before a worse incident of malfunction. It seems that these kinds of unforeseen expenditures do come at the worst times. Life has a way of slapping us down, but I try to rise above it... I play my nice music and think of other things. Helps a bit, but still sucks, eh?
Well Friday is here and apparently, according to the radio, everyone in Ontario is at the Pearson Airport this morning ready to take off on March Break. I'm not....today we will be working in the greenhouses so I am told haha!  But I shall be sure to but a lottery ticket and maybe we can all cash in on our own version of "catch the ace" By the way, good luck Cathy on your Legion draw!
Have a nice weekend. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment