Thursday, March 19, 2015

What did you serve your ladies?

I thought about that today, as I took down my recipe box looking for apple crisp recipes. Yes, more apples in need of some attention. As I went through my desserts section I found the recipe for Brown Betty. On it was written in my handwriting "Mom's recipe from Pati 2011"  I got all excited as I had not remembered having this. And so I made it. And so I liked it very much. And so I had some more. And so I had a good time eating and reminiscing.   Thank you Pati!
This afternoon we took a trip to the Sugar Bush. Mathews Maple Syrup Bush is owned by an old friend of Harry and we go every Spring to watch the first tapping, or during March Break when they are providing horse drawn sleigh rides through the bush, and tours of the production line, and taffy fresh made on ice slabs for the kids to try. And of course, BBQ ( Scouts doing this for funding raising) We bought our usual fresh 2015 Maple Syrup 2 litre jug, and one litre jugs for each of the boys. So for tonight's supper I made waffles with fresh delicious maple syrup.
We were outside at 6 am this morning with me standing in the minus 20 degree weather outside (for one whole hour!) and Harry inside the little greenhouse spraying all the plants!! It got to 30 degrees inside the greenhouse and if we didn't spray, the seedlings would not survive the freezing.The big greenhouse was borderline - just slightly above freezing so would be OK. We are set to do again tomorrow morning and so will be checking the thermometer closely during the night. If it gets to around 40 degrees we shall head out again to repeat the procedure. It is supposed to warm up by the weekend but these last few nights have been cold. Time for the news on TV, and then to bed. The bed, and the warmth I can feel in my mind that it will provide is looking very tempting tonight as I am chilled, and very tired.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment