Friday, September 29, 2017

A warm fuzzy indeed!

Thanks Pati for mentioning that encounter. One never knows what impact one may have when interacting with others - this is why one must always be open, positive and presenting. (often hard to do, I agree) But I have been the recipient many times from the perspective of the one remembering ie just like Virginia remembered, and know that sometimes the timing is so perfect to make a lasting impression. For example just the right words or the right acknowledgment and just at the right time in your life! So meaningful to make a difference for you. I will always cherish my time attending both Quilt Canada 2004 and 2006 - they were highlight events for me. Not so much for the knowledge from the classes but just to be there - seeing the big picture and enjoying the time with like people. I will also never forget our outing with those folks in Ottawa and driving around looking for a restaurant with the help of Onstar! What a hoot!
Very cold - what a difference from one day to the next. And I see from the WFP that you folks are also feeling the cold temperatures. I need to cut our grass as well but with rain showers last two days it is hard to schedule. As well the produce keeps piling up here - more tomatoes came into the house yesterday from the greenhouse pending the frost over night. I should have lots of tomato juice to sip at over the winter. Harry wants more pickled green tomatoes made so I guess that will be on my To Do list today or tomorrow. 
Right now we are gathering things to take up to Kirkland Lake on Monday. Actually a bonus because I am getting rid of some of the accumulated small appliances eg coffee machines, irons, toasters, slow cookers, deep fat fryer etc to give to sister in law. She said she can use them and donate to the Church Camp where she volunteers. It didn't really make a dint in space freed up here but in my mind it feels as if I am ridding myself of stuff. However the door here is revolving all the time, if you know what I mean haha!
Time for coffee and my bowl of oatmeal - this time with strawberries from the garden mixed in. Yummy!  Weekend is here folks - enjoy......What's up? (Pati you say you have a sale? Be thinking of you) 

No comments:

Post a Comment