Saturday, September 16, 2017

Good Saturday morning

Greetings on this Saturday morning - early and with a coffee in my hand - best time to relax and enjoy my time. I have another of the overnight oatmeal breakfast treats waiting to be eaten. I like those for breakfast and have a few a week along with other meals such as scrambles and cereal with fruit. I used to always have a toasted bagel and glad to be eating something else now - got in a rut and wanted to get away from the carbs.
Good weather still prevails here and don't know how long we will be blessed with it - some say it is going to be a long mild Fall. That would be good when i see all around me what needs to be accomplished in the yard before Winter. And then i say to myself just let it ride.
This is Fall Fair weekend in Sundridge - used to look forward to going but last few years I haven't even attended. And this is first year in many that the weather is cooperating - last year it rained so much the fields were turned into a lake and spoiled all the outdoor events.
Another sign of progress ??? The Royal Bank has announced that they will be closing the Branch in Burk's Falls in March 2018 and combining all services into the Bank here in Sundridge. Burk's Falls (town just south of us) is a busy little town and to lose a local Bank building is not good. It won't affect me any but I got a written notice because I have an active account at that Bank ( had to open an account there when i was working so my cheques could be directly deposited) and supposedly it will be automatically transferred without any effect on my banking. it just seems a shame to see this happening in small rural areas - especially when the Bank makes millions $$$ each quarter in profits.
Well, have a nice weekend folks - hope you can get out and enjoy some nice weather. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment