Monday, September 18, 2017

The hard part is over

Tomorrow my Tuesday Stitchery group is meeting here.  I tried to get most of the housework done on Friday, but there are a few puttery things to do today, and tomorrow morning 

I think of Irene Smith a little more often, these days, as one of the retired gentlemen in my art group, who is active in the volunteer center where it's housed, was a prominent detective when the case was active.  It is never spoken of, but whenever I see him, she comes to mind.  I also remember her father coming over to help Mom care for Grandpa Hughes, when he lived with us after his stroke, and his wife, at the time, was unable to look after him.  (Snort!)

Your "spontaneous" day with Mike and Erin falls under the same sort of unexpected pleasure as my shopping trip.  I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the opportunity.  I'm also sure Erin appreciates your flexibility when it comes to scheduling family events.

Well, I've finished my tea. Time to get moving

No comments:

Post a Comment