Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Heat wave here right now

We are now getting the summer weather that we did not get in summer! Hot and humid but acceptable for outside work so far. Inside is a different story as the dehydrators have been going full for the last few days and creating what I would call sauna like conditions. So the two conditions of the weather and of the humidity from dehydrators is causing a very uncomfortable situation.
I got more painting done yesterday - hooray! Still lots to do but it is encouraging for me to see results. Harry has had to abandon his desire to do all the painting so I have taken over. He has done some garden work in planting the garlic, and of course doing  the dehydrating. He bought so much at the Market Stand on Sunday - leeks, peppers, beets, tomatoes - so much to to do down. Almost unmanageable but here we go....haha!
We are planning to drive to Kirkland Lake on Monday to see his brother,  As I have said before, it is a four drive one way and when done all in the one day it makes for a very long day. And we will have the dog to sit on my lap the whole way. Thank goodness he travels well.
On Sunday we were expecting Mike and Erin to drop in here on their way back home from visiting her family in Toronto but in spite of my excitement and planning to have a bit of a snack ready for them, they called to say they would just be driving through as time was not in their favour. A bit of a disappointment on my part, but then a realization and quite blatant at that I must say for me, that they have their own life and as a parent in the sidelines, so to speak, I can just sit back and enjoy the moments I do have with them. This is how life evolves, right? Does this make any sense with you two? Still a bit hard for me to digest right now as well. 
Well off to Huntsville today - it is Tuesday! I actually have accumulated a bit of a shopping list - you know all those little items that you use without thinking, and then suddenly they need replacing. By the way Pati I often wanted to ask you why you buy real Vanilla instead of artificial vanilla flavouring?   I know this is a weird question but ever since I went shopping with you and Dave a long time ago, every time I pass this section in the store it pops into my head. I know, I should really get a life haha!
Time for the day to start.   Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment