Saturday, September 9, 2017

Walk down Broadway

Hey Cathy, your story reminds of the walk we all took down Broadway when the sculpted Bears were on display. Remember?
And to be staying in The Fort Garry must be a thrill. At least it was way back when so I don't imagine that such a historied building would change that much...or maybe?
Quite busy and varied days around here and before I knew it, not much writing of messages from these parts - but lots of love haha!. I haven't even had a chance to browse much either but here I am for a quickie before another Saturday begins. Although one day seems to move into another very quickly.
The weather promises sunny days for next few so the "painting of the fence" will take some priority for now. It is wet still but today or tomorrow I will start the cleaning and scraping and then the painting will begin. Actually Harry has planned that i will begin the scraping and he will follow behind with the painting. We will have to see how it all comes together but regardless it will be painted this week. At least a portion of it - even if we can get the stretch along the side at the front of the neighbours yard done - only problem is that the current colour is white and the new colour is beigy so there will be a big contrast and visible difference viewed from the road as one sees the neighbours side and then our road side. Oh well??
The little budgie is growing quickly and I have not feed it as parents were still feeding and now according to what we read we should not be, as it is time for it to be weened by parents and start to nibble as directed by parents. I wish I knew what to do as this is all so new to me and quite frankly not really my 'thing'. Onwards we go....
Today i must clean all the garlic bulbs we dug out of the ground and left to dry in the shed. I started this last night - onerous job! And I have all the green tomatoes to manage - juice is good but apparently i am to make more pickles. 
On a brighter note, I held the new Louise Penny novel in my hands at Coles the other day - too much $$ to even think about buying it. But i stopped into the Library here at home and asked about the book - they have not even received it yet but the new Librarian is on my side apparently (just as the old one was being a friend) as she said when it comes in she'll give me a call. I told her that I would just go on the wait list as I was sure others were just as interested, but she said she would try to call me first. I'll see what happens.
Well, time for coffee and pondering before the sun comes up. Enjoy your day in the training Cathy - let us know what you do after - maybe another trip down to the food trucks perhaps?  And Pati let us know what you are up to....did you manage to buy more finials? Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment