Friday, September 29, 2017

The sale

The sale tomorrow is the last one I've signed up for.  We set up tonight, and found that ti's going to be a big sale.  The spaces they've left as walking aisles are very narrow.  So who knows how anyone is going to be able to see anything that's for sale.  I'm not optimistic and a little sad right now, about the whole thing.  While we both worry about how much "stuff" I have, when it was all on the table, there isn't really that much.

So, while playing poker tonight, I spent some time worrying about how to deal with everything.  In the end I decided that there is probably nothing that will stop me from creating, so there's no point is worrying about what I'm going to do with the finished product.  I have to accept intellectually what I know emotionally.  For me it's the creative challenge and journey, not the product, so I just have to accept the cost of my creativity.  If I can't afford to buy supplies, I'll have to take up something like doing origami with old newspapers.

Then my friend Gail calls from Swift Currant of all places and we have along chat, on her nickel, about finding places where we can exhibit together.  We actually came up with a couple and are going to work on them both.  When one door closes, another opens.

David has long ago gone to bed, and I've just finished a long poker tournament, so should head there fairly soon.  It's been a good week, and I'm up about 400,000 chips ( play money, of course--darn it)

No comments:

Post a Comment