Sunday, September 24, 2017

Blogging

I've just realized that if I don't blog often enough, I lose track of the things that I have wanted to tell you.

We woke up one morning last week (?Tuesday), and noticed that the Juncos were back at the feeder. I love these little, always busy, birds.  They're only here, for about 1 1/2 weeks, twice a year.  they inspired the major piece I currently have in the gallery--"Juncos".  This is the piece on which, the ladies there me convinced to raise the price.


Friday, we cooked a turkey.  It had been in the freezer for quite awhile, and Tuesday, we had bought one in Walmart for $20.00, to replace it.  They were selling turkeys with a set price, for all birds within a set size range.  I never figure that it's worth the money to buy a small turkey--too low a meat to bone ratio.  So we got one  of the larger birds, and now have our Christmas turkey.  Even with buying it at Walmart, I don't think it could be any tougher than the one we ate Friday.

 Awhile back we bought a rotisserie chicken at Costco.  It was wonderful, without tasting of too much salt, and fed us for three days.  We'll certainly do that again, given the opportunity.

Yesterday we drove out to the gallery in Selkirk, to take the purses that are to go into the gift shop there.  My first time with the new system they have for replacing everything in the shop three times a year.  I also took things for my friend Gail, who has been selling there for some time.  She's at a show in Ft. McMurray this weekend, and I hope it goes well, as she has pinned a lot of hope on it.

Anyway, we got as far as Hwy. #59, and discovered that the highway was a parking lot.  So we back-tracked a bit and ended up driving out on Hwy. 204 aka Henderson Highway.  It has to have been a long time since we've driven North on that route and there was a lot I didn't remember, once we got past the Perimeter.  We drove South once last summer, but I was sitting so as to see the river side of the road. The view is very different on the land side, as the river side has houses, but the land side has much more in the way of fields and bush.

Not wanting to attempt to come back on Hwy. 59 for fear that the back-up might have been caused by the construction at #59 and the Perimeter, we came back along Henderson as well, stopping in Lockport for a late lunch.  Normally we eat at the A&W there, but this time David wanted to go to the Half Moon.  Needless to say, the diet was forgotten for long enough to have a hot dog and 1/2 a serving of onion rings.  And they had Diet Dr. Pepper in a bottle!  The food wasn't anything great, and price-y as well, but the place was still quite busy for 2:00 in the afternoon.

At the gallery, it took 15 seconds to officially take in my six purses on one inventory sheet, but Gail had quite a bit in the gallery , that had to be taken out, and just as much to put in--four pages each way.

Last evening, I had hoped to do some beading, but got caught up in the opening ceremonies of the Invictus Games--all 2 1/2 hours of it.  I hope you both caught, at least, some of it.  Very moving and inspirational stories.  Definitely time well spent. 

Today I still have that beading waiting for me, but we've also planned to start a batch of wine for Christmas.  Yep, it's getting to be that time again.


No comments:

Post a Comment