Friday, September 1, 2017

Just knew it...

The frost came earlier than I wanted - froze last night but we were somewhat ready??  Harry picked all the green tomatoes and they are now sitting in the picking baskets on the freezer and the table in the Sun Room. (So what will I do with them you ask???) Also all the inside plants are now in and on the shelves - sort of.... need to fix it up a bit but they are in. No further cleaning was possible so the "pile" remains but that can wait for now.  Had to rush to make more room for another wine container as well as Harry made a batch of parsley wine yesterday.  All the boxes of wine bottles we got free off Kijiji in the summer need to be washed and cleaned now - They are in the canvas shed at the back of the house right now.  I got about 1 1/2 dozen done yesterday but still many more to do - it is a hard process so will take time. The good part is that my dream to have the table and chair set up in the sun room to sit on for my morning coffee materialized for one morning. So I can't complain right ? haha! 
I was able to track down some "hand feeding formula for baby birds" from the Pet Value in Huntsville - they will order and be there next Wednesday. George, the Global Pets man I have consulted, was not able to source from his contacts so suggested I call Pet Value. But, and it was a very strong but, he still had to show us how to feed the chick because if done wrong we could kill it. Oh, wonderful!  There is only one chick who had survived and I would like to see it thrive if possible.
So that's things around here for now...Hope you folks have a fine long weekend. Supposedly life is supposed to get " back to normal " come Tuesday - you know, back to school and back to work etc after summer break and all...I don't expect anything will be back to normal here but - let's all have a good laugh and get on with it OK?  XX

No comments:

Post a Comment