Thursday, March 1, 2018

The church across the street

The illuminated sign across the street changes about every two months.  This is what we're seeing now.

Today I learned something new.  We wanted to have the car washed before heading to Neepawa, and I had to drive it into the car wash. Of course, I forgot to give the keys to the attendant, and he had to chase us down  the aisle, but I got the darn thing in!

Yesterday, with a last minute invitation, we joined the children and their children for a birthday dinner for Loren, at Red Lobster.  the menu had calorie counts with every dish, which was really helpful in finding something to eat.  The chicken breast I ordered came with two side dishes, but the only one with a reasonable calorie count was broccoli, so I ordered broccoli twice.  Then Loren ordered double broccoli with his entree.  Our waitress appeared fairly experienced, but even she expressed surprise at that.  It was nice to see everyone, as even Darren showed up.  No pictures though.

The weather is great right now, but a Colorado low is forecast for the weekend and Monday--through Southern Manitoba.  Not sure what that might mean for our trip on Monday, but we're keeping watch, and I've contacted the ladies coming with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment