Monday, October 1, 2018

Coloured leaves and sunny day

We went to Huntsville this morning to shop - we have a busy week and thought shopping to day to get ready for Thanksgiving weekend would be wise. We will be going to Mike's on Saturday to celebrate, getting the ordered turkey on Wednesday and cooking it Friday to take with us. The rest of the food can be prepared there except of course the traditional pumpkin pie which I shall have to bake Thursday perhaps. There may be added guests as his friend Clay who lives in Markstay may come with his two boys so we will be prepared.
The colours of the leaves driving down was very nice - most leaves are at their best but some not yet. The sun really makes it extra colourful on the hills along the way.
Most of the last few days have been rainy and cold and the mornings are near freezing. I check your temps as well and see that it the case with you both. Do you think Fall is really here haha!
Got a call from Michelle from Toronto who says Daisy is up with her son and daughter (Michelles parents) for a week and wouldn't it be nice if i could visit. Not really on my list to do but i guess I'll have to try to get over there sometime this week.
Well, I must put the groceries away and then get busy. if i can i will get outside to putter as the day is cool but nice so may get something done.
Pati I baked the Craft Cake from the recipe Susanne sent you. it did not turn out like I remembered hers tasted. cathy this was an exceptionally tasty cake Pati's friend served when we both went for the afternoon Stitchers . The bottom was crusty and the main cake was moist and spicy- delicious. We all got the recipe but as I say. mine is just not right! Maybe I should try again.  And also Cathy i made a quiche on the weekend and although good and i ate it, it just wasn't the same as what you made.  Perhaps I am losing my touch? 
Well off and at it.....take care. ps when is Dave and Loren going to the Bombers game?

No comments:

Post a Comment