Friday, February 8, 2019

"Aching all over...."

Isn't that a song from Randy Bachman ... no, his was "Shaking all over"  Anyway I am hurting from shoveling yesterday. In the morning, I was clearing around the yard in preparation for the forecast freezing rain and rain overnight, and also trying to dig out the ladders with idea of trying to get some snow off the roof. And I got the back door areas cleared - always like to know there is an alternative exit if needed. Once I had the big ladder dug out, then Harry decided he was going to go up on the roof himself and clear some of the snow - we worked all afternoon with him shoveling completely around the roof and about 6 or 8 feet up the roof from the eaves. I was on the ground shoveling all that came tumbling down at me. So I was actually having to re- shovel the same places I had done in the morning - go figure! The freezing rain did come and a bit of rain but not as much or as severe as expected. I had the pump at the ready but it was not necessary. We seem to have to respond to what is being given us on a daily basis. And I see you folks are still in the deep freeze.
Yesterday as well I went into the Car dealership to officially start the process to turn this car in and to lease another - this lease ends April 28. The fellow there thinks we can move sooner and do the exchange in a week or two.  This would certainly help with my issues related to mileage. So we will see. Still have to have an inspection but I would want to clean the car first - how does one vacuum and clean a car in the driveway under these present weather conditions?
So here's to the weekend - hope all is well. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment