Monday, February 4, 2019

It's nasty out there!

Snow-lots of snow- and wind and cold.  David tried to blow out the driveway but had to come in and warm up a couple of times during the process.  He just did what was necessary and didn't touch the patio or the paths to the bird feeders.  It's supposed to be as bad or even worse over the next couple of days, so I hope we can stay home.

We had another bulb in our headlight assembly burn out over the weekend.  David called this morning and got an appointment for this afternoon, so drove me to Starbuck's and left me there while he went to the Dodge dealer. That way I could relax over my coffee.  I've been going on my own for the past few days just for that reason.  Then we went grocery shopping to stock up on perishables to use in the next couple of days.  I've been making an effort to use diet recipes that I usually don't use.  Today I bought hard Taco shells.  Gonna give it a try, and yes it is okay according to the book. 

Then it was off to the library on the way home.  Score!! I found "Kingdom of the Blind" on the New Releases shelf, and grabbed it.  I told the librarian who checked me out that I had been on the waiting list for it.  When we checked I had been number 199 on the list.  I also grabbed a couple more Nicholas Sparks books and will give them a try.  Good plans for a couple of days of hunkering down at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment