Sunday, February 3, 2019

Very positive!

Pati, I love this piece and remember it well when you completed it. Not surprised it would sell which in my mind substantiates the appreciation of others for your work. This new owner must have a very special place to hang your art as it jumps out at me as simple but gorgeous and makes a statement. Plus I love red birds haha! I am happy for you.

Yesterday we made it out to the little greenhouse - snow and all - but unfortunately many of the plants inside did not survive without attention for so long - needed water! But the temperature outside is milder right now, and this promotes easier heating inside. I know it will be getting colder but it is a nice feeling for now to be able to see through the clear windows and not just see frozen structures. 
I shall have to get out and shovel this morning - the plough went down again and dumped at the end of the driveway and the drive itself has not been done for a day or two with lots of snow falling - that's my fault for not doing it but c'est la vie!
Well, another surprise. Harry volunteered us to cook off the three huge turkeys for the Lions Wild Game Dinner on March 2 - we did it last year and he told me then "never again" which I foolishly hung my hat on - so another event to worry about, that is not to my liking. 
We go back to the Hearing Aid Clinic on Tuesday - I have done the calculations and developed a one year plan to save in order to pay for one of the higher priced devices - I know the man will be disappointed as he depends on people buying right away but I also have to think of my financial situations with income Taxes and re-leasing of the car both coming up in April - I do not want to leave myself short right now. 
So it is now February so a bit closer to Spring and Summer - a long time coming. I hear of folks planning "getaways to warmer climes" now - I wonder if I envy them or not. I know how much you enjoyed your trips Pati, but I'm not sure I am all that into it. 
Mike told me that he may have an opportunity in June or there abouts, to partake in an educational trip to Rome as part of his Roman Civilization course - trip includes sight seeing but more importantly attending classes at the University of Rome and hear lectures from some of the most learned professors in the field. He would also get two credits for this. Not sure of the financial impact for him as he only just heard about it in class but he thinks it may be valuable as well as very interesting for him. Time will tell.
Well, breakfast time and then off to work for the day!  Hope all is well with you folks. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment