Monday, February 18, 2019

Louis Riel Day

I would have taken the day off anyway, but this way I am not using one of my vacation days.  And yes, I am counting the days.  Counting "work" days makes it even closer.  I am still not sure how we will make out without my salary but I intend to find out.  Now I am trying to compare health care plans.  Even at $217 per month Blue Cross is pretty competitive.  Other plans can cost less but the coverage seems to match what you pay.  I think I will end up with |Blue Cross, but still need to discuss it with Jim.  It also seems they want me to pick a retirement gift.  It is from the same catalog as my 20 year gift so now I get to pick my second choice.  I wish I'd known when I picked my 20 year gift. It would have made the choice so much easier if I had known I could get both.  I asked management not to announce my retirement until March, so I have a bit of a breather.  I really don't want a retirement party.  It used to be special when we were open to the public and all the people from the law offices and banks dropped it.  They did offer us an option of going out to dinner.  Just our office.  I am not keen on that either, but I do owe my co-workers the respect of offering them that chance.  It is a free meal for them and a chance to say goodbye. I will think about it.  I find myself starting to do something around the house now and then thinking "that can wait until I retire"  I am going to need a whole new mindset.  And a hobby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment