Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Among the missing, I guess

I sure haven't said much here, for awhile.  I had mentioned being in a "blue funk" last week, but it seems that I haven't quite recovered yet, more physically than emotionally.  When I worked, the staff used to say I was "dragging butt", and that's exactly what it feels like.  No energy, no ambition.  A few minor physical effects have me wondering if I may be fighting the flu.

But today I'm forced to move, or at least put on a show of doing it.  Awhile back I had mentioned being accepted into an exhibit relating to ecology--today's the day.  I hadn't realized that it was a one day show.  Even less than one day.  We set up this afternoon for an opening reception this evening.  It's in a hotel, and we can't hang anything on the walls, so I'm having to take grids to use.  I've been invited to the reception, and plan to attend for at least part of it.  Then at 9:00 we have an hour to take down, and move out.  Not much chance of making a sale, but it will be exposure, although that's greatly over-rated.

Otherwise, we're still staying hunkered down at home, venturing out once a day, out in the cold, for coffee.  Seems silly, but it keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment