Friday, October 8, 2021

Friday and here I am with my coffee

 It is early of course, but a few words before the Thanksgiving weekend. I read your woes about posting your message Pati and sorry that it has caused so much trouble. I am still not sure what to do with the blog when it acts up with me but far more comfortable now to go back in to change it to a draft and then to correct errors ( mostly the change of font in a message) before i resend it again.

Yesterday Harry went on the net to look for trails close by for us to walk our dogs. Always looking for an alternative to using the road with is very dangerous with fast cars and full of people and dogs. Up came the Almaguin Highland Trails adjacent to the new High School. Open to the public.  So we went there in the afternoon. We have to park in the school parking lot, but skirt around to the side and there are the trails. it is all season according to the Info Boards posted at the entrance, for walking, or snowshoeing or cross country sking. We walked for a bit to check it out. We took a wrong turn and ended up on the site of the septic system I think, but made it back to the right trails. We travelled only a short distance but can see how vast the area is - all in site and sound of the School and football field areas. The new school has been there for a few years now and we have never ventured near it until now, so I was actually amazed. We shall try it again and try to time it not for the end of school day and the line up of buses in the parking area..haha!

The Village works dept cut down the trees and bushes along the grassy area between our fence and the road yesterday. Did not see or hear them but discovered it in the afternoon when i was working over there. I liked the cover for privacy to our back yard but now it is very open and visible. I know they did this to increase visibility at the stop sign on our street at the entrance to the road but it bothers me that they do this to us where as i see other areas that are not touched. I often think it is vendetta for me making a formal complaint a few years ago about dumping ice and snow on our pine branches along the side of the road. The Manager came to speak with me at that time, and said I should be aware that they may have to trim branches at the corner for visibility which I knew they had done previously,  but to cut all the trees at the side yesterday I think was overkill. Maybe I am being too sensitive and getting myself all worked up. it is done so I better just move on,,,right???

So here is to Thanksgiving and a glorious weekend for us all. We are having Turkey on Sunday... and I must say looking forward to it. Take care and be safe. Happy Thanksgiving👋😄


No comments:

Post a Comment