Monday, October 18, 2021

I ordered a book from Amazon

 First of all I thank you for the reminder about the blog Pickled Gizzards Pati as I had deleted it from my favourites a bit ago when things were sort of dormant. Now I can catch up again. I am still not attached to the new format for The Quilt Show and seriously thinking of not renewing - I have two months to reconsider.

Today I heard the most delightful and fun and interesting interview on The Next Chapter (CBC radio) with host Sheila Rogers and two authors who have joined forces and written a new political fiction novel called State of Terror. And these two authors are : Louise Penny and Hillary Rodham Clinton !!! The interview was all about how they became friends and then decided to write this novel together. I ordered it immediately from Amazon and it should be here on Thursday. I can hardly wait. The one aspect of the interview that struck me personally was the free flowing interactions between the two and the laughs and humour and stories they were relating. It made me feel good...I would love to have a friend and to laugh. It is good for the soul.

Anyway, not much going on here as it is 5 C and rainy and I am frozen and really feeling the chill. I would just like to jump into bed and cover up with my quilt. I bought a tin of pure pumpkin today at the store ( we went shopping to Huntsville) and this afternoon made two baked pie shells. Tomorrow i shall be making two pumpkin chiffon pies ( from my very old but ever loved Purity Cookbook that is torn and soiled and held together with an elastic haha!) Think of me as I shall devour it with whipped cream piece after piece. Of course harry will be helping with that i am sure.

Bye for now - send some of your heat! 😞

No comments:

Post a Comment