Monday, October 18, 2021

Trying to remember-----

 Life has been busy lately, but trying to remember the details, so I can blog, isn't easy, as much of it a blur.  But there are definitely no apples, so don't worry Beth, I won't be sending any by bus. 😉

Friday was laundry, of course.  Saturday, we were off to pick up some needle threaders that I ordered from the local needlework store.  I've spoken of these before, as they were ordered several months ago. When I got tired of waiting, and was using my last needle threader, I called to enquire, and was told firstly, that they couldn't find any record of the order, and secondly that yes it was there but they hadn't made any supplier orders over the summer, as they were renovating a new location and were short of money.  Great way to inspire confidence guys!  But Thursday they had phoned saying that the order was in, and how many did I want?  Well, "how many do you have?"  They had 12, and weren't sure how many I had ordered, so I told them to put away six for me.  David and I discussed the situation and decided that I would buy all 12, and hope to never darken their door again.  We got there, and they couldn't find my order of 6, anywhere.  Oh yes, she remembered phoning me, but then couldn't find the order.  I had been wandering through the store a bit, and saw 6 needle threaders on the wall for sale ( the price had gone up by 33%), so finally asked if I could take the 6 off the wall, and come back for the rest once they were found.  I haven't yet heard that they have been found, but will phone today.

Then Saturday night there were my tv shows. Both are British murder mysteries, and this means that some things (most things?) happen at night, and many things are conveyed by the twitch of an eyebrow, or a special facial expression, but no dialog.  So I have taken to watching in the dark--no hand sewing.  I'm amazed at how much more I get out of them.

Sunday, I had an early meeting in Selkirk, and, as I really didn't sleep well Saturday night, David offered to drive me.  Not many showed up for the meeting, and it finished about noon. David arrived, to pick me up, just in time to be invited to join an after-meeting tour of the basement.  The basement tenant has recently retired and given up the space, which has been newly painted, and is waiting to have the floor replaced.  I had been in parts of the basement before, but this is the first time I've seen the whole space, and my mind has been able to sort out what's what.  When I worked out in Selkirk, the basement space was a wonderful restaurant for lunch, but has changed a lot since then. Previously, I had thought I had things figured out down there, but now have had to re-think significantly.  As a Board, we have to find a new tenant, despite the area not being wheelchair accessible.

Then David and I took a leisurely trip down Henderson Highway (Prov. Highway 204) to Lockport, and lunch at A&W, as we had coupons for Chubby Chicken Sandwiches, chips and root beer.  

Gail has been busy this weekend at "Scattered Seeds", a local art and fine craft show and sale, at Exhibition Park, next to the race track.  Her hopes are on this show, to make up for some of the income she lost during Covid.  So I haven't talked to her or seen her since last Wednesday. I've been worrying and thinking of her all weekend, and hope to hear from her today.

The weather has been beautiful over the weekend, and I managed to sit outside and read both days, with the addition of a jacket.  Today is supposed to be even nicer, so my hopes are up.  This week Starbucks has a special deal on, with a drink special every day of the week.  I plan to participate as much as possible, even if the diet has to suffer when I order a Pumpkin Spice Latte-today's special item. Otherwise , since I decided to not worry so much about what I eat, I've managed to maintain within a 4lb range for several months now.  

During my down times I have been reading a new series written by Karen Rose. She has several series, and I hope to be able to read all of hem. I suppose they are, at the core, romances, but disguised as police murder investigations.  They are thick books, but I just can't put them down--maybe the reason I don't get much sleep at night.  Not all of them are available through the local library, unless I wanted audio books, and that certainly isn't my preference, so I may have to go further afield.

Sorry this is so long. Beth, Pickled Gizzards has some new posts.  But, David has decided that it's time to start the business of the day.  Best I move my butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment