Saturday, October 9, 2021

Winnipeg

 I don’t know how you do it Pati!  Winnipeg is so busy!  What would I do in New York or LA?!  We went in for my MRI yesterday. We left ourselves extra time since there was construction on every road into Winnipeg. Guess what!?  We slowed down to 80k twice and that was it. I wasn’t sure exactly where the PanAm clinic was but I knew we had to go in on Roblin/Grant. It didn’t help that despite telling Jim we had to just keep straight, every time we came to a major intersection he’d ask ‘ do I turn here?’  We found the clinic but we were two hours early. I knew Grant Park shopping Centre was nearby I didn’t know what was there. Jim wanted Walmart. No Walmart. So I am trying to search, on my phone, for the nearest Walmart. Again, Jim is saying “you’re from Winnipeg. You should know where to go”. Jim!  It’s been almost 40 years!  We found a Walmart super centre on Taylor.  Got pet supplies. Only self checkout available!  Fortunately we must have seemed very confused cause a worker came over and offered to help us. Then supper. We went to the Pony Corral on Grant…..temporarily closed!   So we went to Applebee’s. got fish and chips. 2 huge pieces of fish, but it was 70% greasy batter. (Our dog actually got the doggie bags). I wouldn’t recommend it. Jim was so stressed by trying to find our way through Winnipeg that he decided to just sit in the parking lot while I went for my MRI. I was in there for about an hour and a half. ( only 20-30 min of actual MRI). And off we go. Jim knew how to get out of town but I think he was on autopilot cause at Portage he ended up in the lane to go through Portage. But when all was said and done we got home just before 10pm. Lucky hadn’t eaten any of the food we left so I added some of my greasy fish and fries and he devoured it. Today I puttered. Both of us were very sore from spending so many hours in the car, so not much got done. Tomorrow is Rrain’s birthday, but the neighbour’s have invited all three of us over for smoked turkey. I told them we always have pumpkin pie for Rrain’s birthday, so I am in charge of dessert. Then Monday to Killarney. I could get used to other people making food for me😊. Bedtime will be early tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment