Thursday, October 28, 2021

Today'$ adventure$$$

 Today's trip to the library ended up with both of us getting new clothes, a trip to the Lorette Red River Co-op store, buying gas from the Red River Co-op in Winnipeg, replacing our old reliable bird feeder ( over 20 years old), a visit to the car dealership, a pleasant visit to Starbucks for lunch ( at 2:30), and a drive out into the country, only to arrive back in Winnipeg at the height of rush hour.  All not necessarily in the order stated.

The first thing was a trip to the Transcona Library.  This is where I realized that I had not brought along the book I was reading, and had planned to read during the trip, and the books we were planning to pick up were not for me.  David took my library card as he was concerned that they wouldn't give him the books off my account, using his own.  But, thankfully, there was one for me that we hadn't known about.

Then it was back closer to home, via the Dodge dealer to find out if they sold a connecter that would allow us to charge the phone in the car.  They didn't.  Next to Mark's Warehouse.  David needed to replace the light quilted jacket he uses in the garden, so had decided to throw the old one away ( He has been using it since his days with the Highways Dept), and demote the similar one that he has used for almost as many years for various trips out in the car, and then, find one to replace that.  He did.  The very same jacket, colour and everything, as the old one, and at the price he paid back then.  Then I found some very nice cardigan sweaters, regular $59.95, on sale for 60% off.  One came home with me.  It is a dark rusty brown, and not at all my regular colour scheme, but I plan to make it fit-somehow.  Then to the grocery store , and David dropped me off at Starbucks while he went to Walmart and Superstore, to look for screw lids for canning jars.  Nope.


This weekend we hope to make some Bramble Jelly.  I have the fruit I need, and enough jars (just), but not enough screw tops.  Gail had found me 2 boxes of Certo in Lorette, but forgotten to give them to me at our craft group meeting yesterday.  So I called her from Starbucks to ask if she had seen screw lids, when she picked up the Certo.  No, but she had some she could give me.  So after buying gas, we were off to Landmark.  We got 11 jars with screw lids, and most of them had my name on them.  So bringing them back home, through Lorette, David suggested that we check the store where she had found canning supplies, just in case she had missed the screw lids.  Yep, found them, and I now have 24 new lids and screw tops, as well as two more boxes of Certo.

Another stop we made was to the bird food store to buy a new feeder, as the old one is rotten.  OMG!  Have either of you looked at the price of bird feeders? But, we got home and while making supper saw the Downy (sp?)Woodpecker in the yard again.  For some reason he was pecking on the downspout of the garage, but he was back in the yard and this probably justifies the cost of feeding the little things.  We enjoy their activities so much.

So laundry tomorrow and it looks like we're making jelly on Saturday.  I just have to remember to take all of the fruit out of freezer tomorrow morning.

So, what do you have planned for what could be the last mild weekend this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment