Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Miscommunication

 We've started using that word around here.  Which is only right as that's what seems to be happening. Sometimes the miscommunication is hilarious, but if it isn't, sometimes we just pretend it is. And sometimes we don't.

Beth, I don't watch Murdoch mysteries, on CBC.  I did the first season but not since.  I have to pick and choose my tv watching, and have chosen Midsomer Murders instead.  They are often re-runs, but the plots and photography are so detailed that I get something new out of every one I watch.   I get them on PBS out of Detroit.

Got some grocery shopping done yesterday, but came home somewhat exhausted.  I'm finding that sitting and reading, or sitting and dreaming leaves me wanting to sleep.  I studied arousal theories years ago, and very much believe in them.  If you want to move more, start moving.  A "rolling stone----" and all that.  Regardless, I ended up napping yesterday, and the hamburger and chicken breasts we bought are still in the fridge, waiting for me to do something with them.  We had planned to make up meatballs yesterday, have some for supper, and freeze the rest.  Guess that happens today.  We shopped at Freshco and got both hamburger and chicken breasts for a reasonable price.  The chicken breasts will just be re-packaged and frozen, but again that will happen today, before I step outside, or start sewing.  But the outside time will happen, as the forecast is for 27 degrees.  I may even give myself permission to wear a short sleeved shirt.

Had some thoughts yesterday about the difference between jobs that need to be done, and jobs that I think should be done.  Along with that were thoughts about changing standards, and letting go of standards that make no sense. Yes, it all started one day when I was just too tired to iron tea towels.  I guess you could say that my housekeeping has gone downhill from there.  But has it really?  I will hope to vacuum weekly.  It cost so much to have the rug cleaned that a little more attention to it makes sense.  I try to hand wash dishes once a day, as I can't stand looking at dirty dishes for more than 24 hours.  I've never been without a dishwasher, so can't say what my standard would be without it. So my question to myself, could this be a loosening of standards or a natural part of old age? This all goes back to when I worked and how we judged if some one, usually a woman, was capable enough to go home and live alone.  I remember a nurse, who was adamant that, because a woman only flushed for serious toilet use, she shouldn't be sent home.  My days, admittedly awhile ago, at the lake told me that this habit was a natural for anyone who lived with a septic system.  ( She was released)

I think I'm babbling.  David has started to process the meat, so best I get dressed and do my part.  Be safe ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment