Friday, November 5, 2021

Friday already and a wee bit of snow?

 Good early morning,

I could not sleep so up early. There was just a dusting of snow on the ground but i dug out my boots to wear to take Bailey out and surprising how warm and comfortable they felt. I better keep them handy as apparently the snow will be coming....very soon.

Had a real scare the beginning of the week with my Bailey dog. He stopped urinating and began to struggle - similar to what he went through almost two years ago when he had emergency surgery twice. At that time it was touch and go and a great stressful time. So, I braced myself with prayer and  renewed strength to get through this again. Long story short ( as it did get a bit complicated) he started to pass his urine and now back on a pill to assist with that ( to take for only one week) He is still passing urine but i watch him every time i take him out to reassure myself that he is OK. The VET was so stressed  because he tells me he had such a terrible time before when Bailey was sick, that he was afraid to have to do surgery again. He did not think Bailey could endure it. What a terrible experience to go through with your animal when you feel so helpless and love them so much. 

Today i get a haircut because i need it, but mostly in preparation for my eye Sx. One has to be careful in bending and not getting water in them at first so i am going to ask for a bit of a shorter cut. it may look stupid especially in winter (although one can safely wear a hat theses days haha!) but it will help me through my recovery or so I think. I am a bit anxious as the time approaches.

Otherwise I have prepared the outside best i can for winter and let the snow fall where it may now. The heat has been turned on in the house and that is always a bit of a shock every fall when i have to do that. I can just see the dollar signs adding up but Harry likes it warm so the heat is now on. it is in the late winter when the greenhouses become active and the heaters go on in them that the real shock comes haha!

Time for my coffee and breakfast and then on with another day. Love to read about all your adventures. I love the new bird feeder you have up Pati and to see the birds from the kitchen window. i can visualize it and almost feel like I am standing there with you. 

Take care all... and have a nice weekend. Be safe. I plan to go online on Sat when the registration will open here in Ontario for the third booster vaccination for Covid 19 - I hope to book both Harry and i for that and hope the delay will not be too long. Are you folks planning for a booster as well?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment