Sunday, November 28, 2021

Snow and cold

 Just knew that the mild rainy weather would not last and that the colder snowy weather would force it's way in, which it did. Our daily walks with the dogs to South River and along the park paths has come to an end. They so loved to go in the car and then walk there and it was a nice relief for me close to home not to have to fight my way along the road's edge and often into the ditch to avoid the cars and trucks and even other people with dogs... ugh!

Had a very disturbed night last night and i am so tired now. The smaller dog was out of sorts and I had her out twice - once on her own and then both dogs in the middle of the night in the cold. I still do not know know what her problem was but i held her and even tried to cuddle her to get her to go to sleep, then fed her and then changed her bed, until finally I told her gruffly to go to sleep. She finally curled up and did as i told her. Then I lay most of the night waiting for the right time to get out of bed.

More cookies were made yesterday and now in tins ready to tray closer to Christmas. I even made a batch of my beloved Refridgerator Cookies and rolled and wrapped them and put into the freezer for the time when i shall be "in need' and then pull out a roll and bake it and eat it. Nice to know that I have it there, ready haha!

I go to the Eye Surgeon on Thursday to check my left eye before the scheduled surgery on my right eye the following week. Hope all is well as i have been over vigilant in giving drops and looking after it. The vision has improved without a doubt, but I still have floaters though and wonder if this is just a holdover from my pre operative state as result of the previous experience with retinal tears. I want to ask her to get a clear picture of my eye.

Harry wants to go to Costco in Orillia on Wed. It may not be a bad idea although not a favourite wish of mine. We have ordered from Amazon for animal items and up to now have been successful with deliveries but this last week has been horrendous. No deliveries although promised and one package came yesterday and the delivery man was very upset saying "everything was a mess" and i should call Amazon. So I went onto the site to get a clear picture of our orders and what was missing, then called. The result was that we are getting a refund on one order and a reorder (without paying) on two other orders and the other two outstanding orders are still pending. So back to my idea of going to Costco - maybe they might have the items I want there and maybe cheaper?? I am not a fan of Costco by the way haha!

Well, time for another coffee and then plan my day. Hope all is well there inspite of another Covid variant fast approaching our country. So take care and take no chances. I have a little Christmas ornament hanging in the kitchen that tells me we now have 28 days until Christmas. I change the numbers every morning when i get up. Gives me something to do haha! So long for now.... 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment