Thursday, November 11, 2021

It snows

 And has been since noon yesterday.  Sometimes it is light feathery snow, sometimes it appears to be rain, and sometimes it is hard wind-driven snow, but it never stops.  Yes, there is snow on the ground and we're confident that it will stay there, unless we get a bit of luck.  David put my chair in the garage on Tuesday, just in case, but my sitting outside in a jacket and my fingerless gloves is over. But we are also told that it should stop late tomorrow.

I didn't go to the craft group in Lorette yesterday.  There was no way I wanted to be driving a new car during the first snow storm of the year, when everyone goes nuts.  Gail went, and told me that about 5 of them showed up but the woman, from the municipality, never showed with the key.  Then she told me that they all went across the street to Chicken Chef for coffee.  One woman had brought fresh-baked cinnamon buns for the group and those were shared with the staff at Chicken Chef, including the cook.  I guess this sort of thing happens in a small town where everybody knows everybody else.

In the evening, there was a Zoom meeting with my fibre art support group.  When this was planned, over the weekend, several of ladies said they would attend in person, but some of us preferred the Zoom, so it was set up to work both ways. Funny thing, everyone ended up attending via Zoom.  Not a surprise as a couple of them live in Manitou, and one in Holland MB.  I had worked several hours in the studio during the day, so by the time the Zoom ended I was beyond exhausted.  So much so that I had trouble sleeping.  But this doesn't matter as there is no where to go and nothing to do today.  David is watching war movies on tv, as he often does on Remembrance day, and I just finished reading a 629 page book, with small print.

Today and tomorrow, I plan to slowly tidy up the basement.  My studio has spread to pretty well fill the whole area, and a lot of things are out of  control.  I plan to take this slowly, and do a lot of decision making as I go along.  While tomorrow is laundry day, we will have to go out at some time for a few groceries.  I have just about finished my 5 days on phase one.  The meals in phase two don't appeal to me in the least, and require minimal amounts of weird groceries. My intent usually falters at some point during the 5 phase two days.  I am determined to follow the meal plan, and have already told David that we will need the groceries, even if they are weird.

Sunday I have volunteered out in Selkirk, and immediately after will be attending the family get-together at David's sisters house.  We're hoping that the snow and ice will have moderated, and the drive on the highway won't be an issue.  But otherwise, both of us are enjoying our time alone in our house.  At the meeting last night a few of the ladies commented about seeing our time of enforced confinement, given the snow, as a welcome relief.  Many people are realizing that the months of lockdown, gave us a chance to enjoy a slower pace of life, and that it was a very positive experience.  Since the Dept. of Health has now announced that more restrictions are on the way, this is a Good Thing. At the same time, I'm hearing growing resentment amongst vaccinated people, against the idiots who refuse the vaccine.   I wonder if this is a good thing, but fear that it's not.

Very much looking forward to our conversation tomorrow, and even washed out my Duchess mug today.  Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment