Sunday, January 23, 2022

All's quiet on this front.

 We had our booster shots early Friday morning, and have both been quieter than usual, with a lot of dozing, or outright napping.  David was complaining of feeling "fuzzy brained", but I had a bit of a headache later on Friday, and was then fine.  We had planned nothing for the weekend, so have been just lazy for the past couple of days. Fortunately, a special nature/animal related channel is on free introduction this week, and David has been glued to the tv.  For my part, there are more and more Time Team episodes.  Otherwise, no exciting news.

I am just about to finish the third of the Arliss Cutter series by Marc Cameron.  These books take place in Alaska, and the research into the local indigenous peoples is excellent.  They are partially police procedural shoot'em-ups, but otherwise an excellent read. I've read two of them since late Friday night.  I plan to check out the library for more, as any book by that author would be worth reading.

The latest charity quilt is finished, labelled and into the delivery pile.  This one hung around the studio much longer than it should have, and I'm glad to see the end of it.  I don't have another one started, nor do I have one in mind.  Instead, this week, I signed up for a free workshop on a British stitchery site.  They offer excellent workshops, with high-profile instructors in hand stitchery, with some mixed media, but you have to subscribe, which is about $46CDN per month.  Not an unrealistic amount, and one can unsubscribe any time.  Some stitchers I respect give it good reviews.  I mentioned it to David this morning, but got a disgusted noise in return, so will give it more thought.  Membership is only open a couple of weeks a year.  Over the past while, I have seen myself slowly heading back to more and more hand stitchery, so this isn't necessarily idle thinking.  

But now I have to think about supper.  For the past few days, meals have been "Catch-as-catch-Can", and I expect tonight won't be any different.  Despite the Booster, David is still reluctant to be out in public.  I can understand his concern, but after four weeks of isolation, I'm a little "antsy".  Then I have to remember that during the first wave, we were isolating for months, and I survived that, so this shouldn't be too difficult. 

Stay safe ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment