Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Update - new car

Good morning all, Hope your snow and cold are manageable there it is snowy and blowy here but OK. As long at it remains fairly mild and by that i mean around double digit below zero numbers. We have had the cold weather at minus 35C last week and it was intolerable from my perspective.

Monday was spent back and forth to finalize our new vehicle. A few extra delays thrown in for good measure - after i dropped our old car at 0930 am and with an appt for 2 pm to do the paperwork for the new car, i received a call that the computers had gone out at the dealership and they could not do the garage work as the hoists would not function. Fortunately they had found a loner for me to take home that morning. After all was said and done though, we now have our new 2022 Equinox - the colour was called iron grey but appears black mostly. Not our choice but we'll take it. Actually yesterday I had a good look at it with the sun shining on it and i can see that it is indeed a dark greyish colour so I'll keep thinking it is grey. We bought new front seat covers at WalMart and i installed the buggers but with some difficulty - it truly should be a two man job but c'est la vie!  And I have negotiated the Sirius radio contract and organized the insurance and the car payments and clarified the new summer tires stored for spring as we had them switch our current snow tires to the new car. I read the book a bit more last evening to acquaint myself with some new additions as i will have to instruct Harry. So all in all, I guess I am set. 

I finished my first new book last evening The House at Riverton by Kate Morton, and now set to start another of my new books tonight. I am enjoying reading again but after my Surgery find that my current glasses are not too good. Pati you mentioned that you bought Dollar store reading glasses and were satisfied with them? I'll have to see what to do. My appt with Eye Surgeon is on Friday and I am anxious for her take on my vision after the surgery. Also to check the eye pressure as it increased after the surgery and I had to take some new drops for that. So much to worry about...haha!

So on with the day. Hope all is well there with you both. We are still hearing on the news all about poor Toronto and their recent snow storm issues. Too bad......   Take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment